Thursday, February 20, 2014

A Heart House.

Welcome to "Lessons of a Heart House".

When I started building my own house in the country, I thought it was going to be a challenge, but one that I was up for. During the process, I fell in love with a man who would become my husband, and share in the adventures and exhaustion.

After 2 years of building, we're finally at a place in our lives where things are slowing down, and I knew it was time to open up our home and explore all the lessons that have come, and are yet to come, from living in your heart house.

A heart house isn't just any house you buy. This is a home that is locked to your being, your soul. Everything in that home, means something to you, and has a story to tell. For us, it's 15 acres just 3 miles from town, and 10 miles from where I grew up. It's thick trees and a winding driveway, and a little house with a big front porch and too many windows to clean.

This is where I felt like the greatest, most wonderful times of my life truly began. This is where I found "home" and "family" and the love that would lead me off into the remainder of my life. This is home.

I share it currently with a wonderful fiance G, a wily little cat named Pixel and a furry white dog named Halo. Who knows who'll share in our heart house in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment